Auckland Music Concert Venues that let a live band play…
Here you will find a small list of Auckland Music Venues that accept band gig bookings and how to contact them (IN Alphabetical Order). The aim is to have the most comprehensive list of venues that allow live bands to play in Auckland. This will be an invaluable tool for bands touring New Zealand who are looking for venues that they can play in Auckland. I have also tried to include tech specs or production notes for each venue so that bands looking to book gigs there will know what is provided and what they might need to bring. I’ve also tried to note the capacity of these Auckland Band venues / Small sized Auckland Concert Venues. I hope this will be a useful resource for touring bands or local bands that want to organise a live band Auckland gig.
Remember – we at the Rock Factory do Live Sound and concert production, so if you need extra DJ gear, stage lighting or an Audio Mixing Engineer or Technician, or band backline we can provide you with anything additional you need to make your gig at any of these Auckland Concert Venues a sweet success. Contact us.
If you are looking for venues for other types of events, such as conferences and corporate events, here is a handy resource: https://www.beia.co.nz/venue-capacity-index
Alphabetical List of Auckland Music Venues recommended for bands; Auckland Concert Venues suitable for Small to Medium gigs and Band Tours:
- Address: 375 Karangahape Road, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010
- Phone: +64 9 972 9042
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.anthologykroad.com/
- Tech Specs: https://www.anthologykroad.com/technical-specs/music-venue-k-road-auckland
- Capacity: 225
- Address: 1/100 Karangahape Road, Auckland 1010
- Phone: 0800747765
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.rockshop.co.nz/we-support/backbeat/
- Contact: Owned by The Rock Shop
- Capacity 100
Production Notes: Full PA, 4 foldbacks, 16 channel snake, 16 channel desk and full set of microphones, stands and cables provided! Bring your own soundie. The Rock Factory can provide a mixing engineer if you need one.
- Address: 9/11 Durham Lane, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010
- Phone: 0800768700
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://brads-warehouse.com/
- Contact: Sarah
- Capacity 500 over 2 floors, 300 on one level.
This gorgeous venue is a blank canvas that you can use for almost any type of event. Build in the 1800s out of old Bluestone. This two-level venue can fit up to 500 standing and 300 seated. In the photo below we built a stage and catwalk plus installed a sound system, show lighting, stage backdrop drape and projector with screen at the venue. Both upstairs and downstairs we placed a bunch of uplights too. Previously called the Bluestone Rooms.
- Address: 9 Vulcan Lane, Auckland, New Zealand, 1010
- Phone: 09-366 0196
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://cassettenine.com/
- Capacity up to 300.
Ding Dong Lounge & Dead Witch
- Address: 26 Wyndham Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.dingdongloungenz.com/
- A great little intimate venue for up to 110 people.
Galatos – Auckland Music Venues
- Address: 17 Galatos Street, Auckland 1010
- Phone: 021 335 011
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.galatoslive.co.nz
- Contact: Andrea Clark or Waka\
- Capacity: up to 400, nice with 250 to 300 people.
Production Notes: Full Dynacord Cobra Line Array PA Provided in main room. There is an X32 mixer and S32 stage box, plus 4 powered turbo sound speakers to use as foldbacks onstage; Bring your own microphones, cables and Sound Engineer or use the in-house engineer, Paul Emlyn Crowther; he’s a legend and made the Hot Cake Pedals! Downstairs there is a small 4-channel Mixing Desk. If doing a gig downstairs, I would bring a mixing desk, snake and foldbacks (or maybe you can use some of the speakers from the main room on-stage?). The main room is a great venue all-rounder venue for up to 400 people. We can provide extra lighting for this venue if you want something flash! This a a great Auckland Concert Venues for touring bands who don’t want to spend too much as most of the gear is already there in-house. In the picture below, we brought in some stage lighting for a gig at Galatos.
The Hollywood Avondale – Auckland Concert Venue
- Address: 20 Saint Georges Road, Avondale, Auckland 0600
- Phone: 021 150 5721
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.hollywoodavondale.nz/
- Tech specs: Great d&b AudioTechnik PA onsite. Bring mixing desk, foldbacks, microphones, stands and cables.
- Capacity standing: 500
Leigh Sawmill Cafe
- Address: 142 Pakiri Road, Leigh 0985
- Phone: (09) 422 6019
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.leighsawmill.co.nz/
- Tech Specs: https://www.leighsawmill.co.nz/bar-restaurant-venue/tech-specs-leigh
- Capacity: 250 standing, 120 seated.
- Address: 7 Shortland Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010
- Phone: (09) 9743171
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.themothership.co.nz/
Neck of the Woods
- Address: 155 Karangahape Road, Auckland 1010
- Phone: 027 688 2099
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.neckofthewoods.co.nz
- Contact: Dave Hudgins
- Capacity: 350 standing
Production Notes: Full PA with 18 subs, snake, 32 channel desk, 1 DJ foldbacks Provided – bring your own microphones, foldbacks, backline, cables and hire Bob (inhouse guy) as a soundie. Auckland music venue in the heart of the city.
Paraoa Brewing Company
- Address: 719A Whangaparaoa Road, Stanmore Bay, Whangaparaoa 0930
- Phone: 021 0815 1642
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://paraoa.co.nz/
- Booking Contact: Sandra Kennedy
- Capacity 400.
Production Notes: Full PA, loads of power, 24-channel stage box, Allen and Heath 24-channel desk. Full microphone kit onsite, many cables, 4 fold backs, good size stage, in-house lighting.
- Address: 33 Mount Eden Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland 1023
- Phone: (09) 3681038
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.powerstation.net.nz/
- Capacity: 1000
- Address: 145 Karangahape Road, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010
- Phone: 64 27 603 4224
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://raynhampark.io/
- Capacity 300 to 400 standing.
- Contact: James
This venue has a full PA, stage and lighting onsite. Bring your own microphones, stands, cables and foldbacks.
Studio The Venue
- Address: 340 Karangahape Road, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010
- Phone: +64 21340933
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://studiovenue.co.nz/
- Capacity: 600 in main room with stage, 400 in back room.
- Address: 469 Karangahape Road, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010
- Phone: 09 377 9190
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.thethirsty.co.nz/
- Address: Spark Arena – 42/80 Mahuhu Crescent, Parnell, Auckland 1010
- Phone: 09 358 1250
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.tuningfork.co.nz/
Production Notes: Full PA, microphones, mixing desk and foldbacks onsite. Right next to spark arena.
- Address: St Kevin’s Arcade, 183 Karangahape Rd, Auckland, 1010
- Phone: 021 401 858
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.whammy.co.nz
- Contact: Tom Anderson
Production Note: Inhouse PA and Sound Guy.
- Address: St Kevin’s Arcade, 183 Karangahape Rd, Auckland, 1010
- Phone: 022 639 1305
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/WineCellarStKevins
- Contact: Rohan Evans
- Capacity: 100
Production Notes: Full PA and sound